Skip to main content

Man Kills His Eight-Year-Son Over Meat In Uganda

Police in Manafwa District have arrested a 43-year-old man over killing his biological son after he found out that he had eaten his two pieces of meat kept for him by his wife.

The suspect who is a resident of Buwamwibi village, Maefe parish in Maefe Sub-county strangled his son to death on Wednesday evening upon discovering that he had eaten his meat. The deceased was an eight year old pupil at Maefe Primary School.

The District Police Commander (DPC) Mr Denis Kamugisha confirmed the incident and the arrest.


"The suspect killed his son after he found out the he had eaten his meat kept for him by his wife, who was away when the incident happened. We were alerted and have arrested him," he said.

Mr Kamugisha said the suspect, who is currently detained at Manafwa Central Police station, will be charged with murder after the investigations.
He, however, cautioned parents against torturing their children and any other form of violence in their families, saying it's a crime.

Mr Ahamada Washaki, the Resident District Commissioner (RDC), who visited the scene, said the suspect, could have committed the offense under the influence of alcohol.

"The suspect was drunk at the time he committed the offence," he said.

Mr Washaki said they have launched an operation to crackdown on early drinking and gambling, adding that they also organise meetings to sensitize people on dangers of domestic violence.

"People no longer work but instead wake up early morning to head to drinking joints and gambling centres, which has rendered most of them unproductive, poor and desperate," he said.
Ms Everline Sellah, one of the neighbours told Daily Monitor, that on the fateful night, the suspect returned home from a drinking spree before asked for his meat. He got angry off after his son confessed to have eaten it.
"I heard when the son told him that he had eaten it and I knew it would annoy him but I did not expect that he would kill him because of meat," she said.

Ms Sellah explained that after a few minutes, they heard the suspect making alarm that he had killed his own son.

"We thought he was joking but when rushed there, we found the child dead. He had strangled him to death," he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musa Danjuma's alleged girlfriend shows off younger new man who calls himself her 'sugar daddy'

Welcome to meme's Blog News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! *Wink* Musa Danjuma's alleged girlfriend shows off younger new man who calls himself her 'sugar daddy' The curvy exotic dancer/singer who was previously linked to Musa Danjuma and was once in a spat with his ex-wife Caroline on IG, has been in Lagos for a while now and contrary to previous reports online, she didn't fly in for him. Audream took to social media to show off a younger, finer man who refers to himself as her sugar daddy. See more of their pics together and drop a comment anout his identity if you know him! By meme

Photos: Verdict looms for man who deliberately infected over 30 women with HIV

Photos: Verdict looms for man who deliberately infected over 30 women with HIV An HIV-positive Italian man accused of intentionally infecting 30 women is set to hear the verdict today, October 27, in his trial for allegedly targeting victims for unprotected sex over a period of nearly 10 years. Under the pseudonym "Hearty Style", 33-year-old accountant Valentino Talluto seduced dozens of young women on social networks and internet dating sites, often dating several at a time. Out of 53 sexual conquests known to have taken place between 2006 -- when he discovered he was HIV positive -- and his arrest in 2015, 30 women were allegedly infected by him with the virus which damages the immune system and causes AIDS. The male companions of three of the women were also infected, as was the baby of a fourth, investigators say. Throughout the trial, which opened in March in Rome's Rebibbia prison, the women described how Talluto had wined and dined them, claiming to fa

Expect bodies in the streets of African Countries - Melinda Gates warns of the implications of Coronavirus in Africa

Melinda Gates has warned that there will be dead bodies littering the streets in African countries if the world does not act fast to curb the spread of Coronavirus. Ms Gates said this while speaking to CNN, on  the novel Coronavirus and its effects in the third world countries. She said she is worried for Africa and fears that the continent might not be able to handle the devastating effect of COVID-19. "Its going to be horrible in the developing world," she warned. “Part of  the reasons you are seeing the case numbers still do not look very bad, is because they don’t have access to many tests. “Look at what is happening in Ecuador, they are putting bodies out on the streets, you are going to see that in countries in Africa,” Mrs Gates noted. Melinda Gates, who is also co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, fears things will get worst for Africa once cases peak because of poor health care systems and lack of humanitarian supports. Ac