Skip to main content

All Charges DROPPED Against Actor Jussie Smollett

The charges against Jussie Smollett were suddenly dropped without explanation on Tuesday and a judge has sealed the case after the actor agreed to pay $10,000 in bond forfeiture.

The Empire actor appeared in Chicago on Tuesday for an emergency hearing after his lawyers announced the news in a statement. Smollett, 36, was facing up to 48 years behind bars on 16 felony counts of filing a false police report. 

Today, the charges were dropped after he agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond.

It remains unclear what prompted the decision but the Cook County's State's Attorney's office said it was due in part to Smollett's 'volunteer service in the community.'


'After reviewing all of the facts and circumstanced of the case, including Mr. Smollett's volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case,' a spokesman said. 

The decision to drop the case comes after the Cook County's State's Attorney, Kim Foxx, recused herself over her contact with a member of Smollett's family in the hours after the attack.

Chicago Police chiefs, who were confident in their evidence against Smollett, are 'furious' about the decision, according to sources cited by local media.

In a statement today, Smollett's lawyers revealed the news.

'Today, all charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of the complaint against him.

'Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th.

'He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.

'Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions.

 This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion.

'That is wrong. It is a reminder that as a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect.

'Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result.

'Jussie is relieved to have this situation behind him and is very much looking forward to getting back to focusing on his family, friends and career.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musa Danjuma's alleged girlfriend shows off younger new man who calls himself her 'sugar daddy'

Welcome to meme's Blog News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! *Wink* Musa Danjuma's alleged girlfriend shows off younger new man who calls himself her 'sugar daddy' The curvy exotic dancer/singer who was previously linked to Musa Danjuma and was once in a spat with his ex-wife Caroline on IG, has been in Lagos for a while now and contrary to previous reports online, she didn't fly in for him. Audream took to social media to show off a younger, finer man who refers to himself as her sugar daddy. See more of their pics together and drop a comment anout his identity if you know him! By meme

Photos: Verdict looms for man who deliberately infected over 30 women with HIV

Photos: Verdict looms for man who deliberately infected over 30 women with HIV An HIV-positive Italian man accused of intentionally infecting 30 women is set to hear the verdict today, October 27, in his trial for allegedly targeting victims for unprotected sex over a period of nearly 10 years. Under the pseudonym "Hearty Style", 33-year-old accountant Valentino Talluto seduced dozens of young women on social networks and internet dating sites, often dating several at a time. Out of 53 sexual conquests known to have taken place between 2006 -- when he discovered he was HIV positive -- and his arrest in 2015, 30 women were allegedly infected by him with the virus which damages the immune system and causes AIDS. The male companions of three of the women were also infected, as was the baby of a fourth, investigators say. Throughout the trial, which opened in March in Rome's Rebibbia prison, the women described how Talluto had wined and dined them, claiming to fa

Expect bodies in the streets of African Countries - Melinda Gates warns of the implications of Coronavirus in Africa

Melinda Gates has warned that there will be dead bodies littering the streets in African countries if the world does not act fast to curb the spread of Coronavirus. Ms Gates said this while speaking to CNN, on  the novel Coronavirus and its effects in the third world countries. She said she is worried for Africa and fears that the continent might not be able to handle the devastating effect of COVID-19. "Its going to be horrible in the developing world," she warned. “Part of  the reasons you are seeing the case numbers still do not look very bad, is because they don’t have access to many tests. “Look at what is happening in Ecuador, they are putting bodies out on the streets, you are going to see that in countries in Africa,” Mrs Gates noted. Melinda Gates, who is also co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, fears things will get worst for Africa once cases peak because of poor health care systems and lack of humanitarian supports. Ac